Sunday, May 11, 2014

Beautiful Ink by Nicole Reed
 
I absolutely loved this book and it was completely different than any other biker book that I have read, and I have read a lot.
Synopsis:
 
Family.
I have tattooed that single word on more skin than I care to count. It elicits powerful thoughts and emotions for most people.
Loving. Caring.
Supportive. Togetherness.
Forever.
But not for me. The word family means so much more.
Vicious. Harmful.
Dangerous. Corrupt.
Deadly.
You can’t run forever from the ones who love you. 
 
This book sucked me in right from the beginning, the prologue was all kinds of craziness.  We meet Helen and Hold in the prologue and you are wondering how the hell they got to this point.  In chapter one we go back in time and we begin to understand the dynamic between the two.  In most biker books we love the MC.  You know they are bad guys and that they have done bad things, but they are still sexy and endearing and we still root for them.  That is not the case in this book!  This story makes you hate the MC and my heart broke for Helen, because she hated the life and she felt like she couldn't get out. 
Helen was a fantastic character, she was strong, and different.  She wanted to so bad to have a normal life, and knew that she never could in the MC.  You could also see that was torn because that was all she had never known, and her only family.  I absolutely loved this book, for a good portion of the book I was certain that it could end happy.  It is not a cliffhanger and I definitely recommend it, even if you don't like biker books.  It is pretty dark and gritty, so be forewarned.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment