Thursday, February 19, 2015

Ember by Rachel Van Dyken
 
I am in love with this whole series, so I was ecstatic to get my hands on Ember.  
Synopsis:
Everybody Loves A Bit of Darkness..Until It Consumes Them...
I am a Killer. A Rapist. A Monster.
I know only pain and survival.
That is until the Cappo's sister walked into my life.
And changed everything.
She's a light who makes my darkness darker, her smile makes my heart turn to ice, and I can't escape the fear her seductive looks instill--knowing it's only a matter of time before I fail--again, and take her for myself.
This is the story of my redemption.
But it's not pretty...I died, and now I'm alive, but not living, breathing but not surviving. I am Phoenix De Lange, son to a murdered mob boss, estranged brother, horrible friend, monster in the making, newest leader to one of the most powerful families in the Cosa Nostra.
And I will have my vengeance.
Or die trying.
I am Phoenix De Lange.
Death is all I know.
Until she offers me a piece of life--I can't resist taki
ng
 
I did not want to like Phoenix, in the previous books he is awful!!  But you just can't help it!  I fell for him immediately.  I wanted to hug him and take away all the darkness.  He is tortured by his past, and he feel unworthy of any sort of happiness.  Even though he did awful things in his past, I couldn't help but love him.  
Bee was a sweet innocent girl that honestly drove me a little crazy in the beginning.  But as we get to know her  she broke my heart.  She is sad and lonely, and only has Phoenix.  But Phoenix is so scared of hurting her, he pushes her away.
Phoenix and Bee together were a match made in heaven.  They made each other better, they were sweet, sexy, and Phoenix made me swoon.  Which shocked the hell out of me!  This book is captivating from the beginning, full of darkness and twists.  I had no idea where it was going and I loved that!

Displaying emberteaser5.jpg
Ember is Book 5 in the Eagle Elite series and I love them all and highly recommend them.  As always I can't wait for the next one.  Ember is LIVE now and the author is also having a giveaway for a signed paperback so make sure you enter.   
 
 

1 comment:


  1. This is a website that sells Dog food. Not only can you buy it here, but you can also buy snacks for pets and reward your pet for good behavior. Your pet will be happy to cuddle with you.Not only is there just food for dogs,there are purina dog food to choose from,and you can definitely buy the best and most suitable pet foods for your pet.

    ReplyDelete