Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Carnage by Lesley Jones
**ARC provided in exchange for a honest review
Synopsis
I love him, from the instant I set eyes on him when I was just 11 years old I have loved him and nothing will ever change that, he owns me, he owns my heart and he owns my body and no matter how many lies are told, no matter how many people conspire to keep us apart, despite the fame and the distance, we will find a way.
“Georgia Rae, when we made love you used to cry”… He waits for me to sing my bit. I try to swallow down a sob but I just end up singing through it…
“I said I love you like the stars above, I’ll love you till I die”
Carnage, an edgy coming of age love story that breaks all the rules and transcends the decades. Georgia and Sean's story will stay with you long after you read the final word.
An emotional, smoking hot, gut wrenching read  
I absolutely fell in love with this book!  It was emotional, heart breaking, amazing, and completely consumed me!  This book starts with 2 young kids, who fall in love, but they were so young, I had a hard time relating.  It did take me awhile to get into, but once I did, HOLY COW!  As we watch them grow you really understand that they were meant to be together.  At times, I wanted to scream, and I cried several times!  I loved that the book spanned years, and we got a ton of insight into all the characters.   
This book is part 1 of 2, but they say it can be read as a standalone. but the end of the book is so sad!!!  I need more!  My only issue was that I am not English! This is written with a lot of British slang, and it took me a while to get the hang of it.  This story is incredible, but it will make you cry!  It is not a cliffhanger but it still almost killed me!
This is definitely a 4.5 star read and it is not for the faint of heart, but it is incredible!!!

Carnage Purchase Link 

 Displaying carnage.jpg   

No comments:

Post a Comment