Sunday, August 3, 2014

Carnage 2, The Story of Me
by Lesley Jones
I have been anxiously awaiting this book because the end of Carnage 1 almost killed me.  It was an incredible gut wrenching love story that spanned decades.  But the end was a killer!  The author never intended to write a book 2, but to reader response, she decided to go ahead and write it.  And it did not disappoint, it was absolutely incredible!  

Synopsis:
When your world, your life and all of your hopes and dreams for the future are ripped out from under you, how do you go on?
Death without dying is not only the most painful kind of death, it's also the most painful kind of life and I don't know if I'm strong enough to live it.
I spend my lonely days and nights trying to make sense of what my life has become. Do I have the strength to move forward into the light, or should I just let the darkness take me?
I'm Georgia Rae Layton McCarthy and this is the story of me, just me.
I'm no longer a part of an us, it's just me.
Alone.
By myself.  


I am going to try and make this as spoiler free as possible.  This book was amazing.  It took us into the mind of Georgia so completely, I felt such turmoil for her.  She is feeling things that she feels she shouldn't, and I was so into the story, I found myself feeling all those things as well.

Displaying Teaser 1.jpg
She is an incredibly strong female lead and she is hilarious.  Her family and friends love her completely and are willing to do just about anything for her, and I just loved them, because of how they loved her.  
This book made me cry, and laugh, and cry again.  We had great characters in the first book, but Lesley managed to bring some more into Book 2 that were just as awesome.  And a few B's that I loved to hate!  
This whole series is fantastic, and it might be my most unexpected read of the year.  It completely consumed me!  I am in love with this author and I cannot wait to see what she comes up with next.  Everyone should read this whole series, I gave it 5+ stars!  The first book is not a happy ending, but book 2 is out, so you will only have to live with the heartbreak for a short time!!!

Purchase Link for Carnage 1 

Purchase Link for Carnage 2

No comments:

Post a Comment