Friday, February 5, 2016

Fighting Solitude
by Aly Martinez
 
Fighting Solitude is book 3 in the On The Ropes series.  I really enjoyed both of the previous books so I was really excited to read this one.  
 
Synopsis:

I was born a fighter. Abandoned by my parents, I spent my life forging my own path—one guided by my fists and paved with pain.

Untouchable in the ring, I destroyed everyone who faced me, but that’s where my victories ended. Outside the ropes, I repeatedly failed the few people who loved me. Including my best friend, Liv James—the one person I’d die to protect.

Even though I didn’t deserve her, Liv never stopped believing in me. Never gave up. Never let go. After all, she understood what I’d lost, because she’d lost it too.

Liv was everything to me, but she was never truly mine.

That was going to change.

I lost my first love, but I refused to lose my soulmate.

Now, I’m on the ropes during the toughest battles of my life.
Fighting to be the man she deserves.
Fighting the solitude of our pasts.
Fighting for her 
 
This is a series of interconnected standalones.  You can read this one if you haven't read the other ones.  
I adored the characters in this book.  They deal with so many different issues and it is gut wrenching at times, and funny and sexy as well.  
We met Quarry in the previous books, he was the youngest of the 3 brothers.  In this book we get to see him grow up and become a sexy, funny, and sweet adult.  This book is alternating POV's going between past and present.  I loved Liz, she was funny and strong, and also a little vulnerable.  We get to see her and Quarry grow up and best friends and then become more.   I loved the banter between the 2 of them.  They are funny and loving.  
I loved this series but this one was my favorite.  Quarry is fun and sexy and a little troubled.  And Liv is hilarious and strong.  I loved the conclusion of the story, we get a little of all the brothers and I thought it was excellent ending.  
Fighting Solitude is available now and can be read as a standalone, but I think you would enjoy it more if you read all of them.  Book 1 is on sale for $.99 right now as well.
Purchase Link



No comments:

Post a Comment