Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Redemptive (book 2 in the Combative trilogy)
by Jay Mclean
 
I have been looking forward to this book for quite awhile, the ending of Combative is a killer!! 
 
Synopsis:
It's said that your life flashes before your eyes when you die.
It must only happen to those whose lives were worthy.
Clearly, mine was not.
The only thing that happened to me was a repeat of what I thought was my death.
The blast of the gun as it went off.
The loss of my breath as two hundred pounds of dead weight dropped on top of me.
And then darkness.
This replayed over and over.
When the guy squatted down next to me and asked if I was hurt, the only thing I could see, feel,
hear, were those few seconds.
Even now, as I sat in the back of a blacked out van—it was the only thing that ran through my mind.
Gunshot, breath, darkness.
 
This book is very different from the first.  I would almost call this one a prequel.  This is what happened to Bailey/Madison before we met her in Combative.  There is no Ky in this book, which was a little sad.  But, we do get to know and love Nate DeLuca, who I hated in Combative.  I also did not realize this book was part of a trilogy so I was hoping it would all be tied up at the end of this book, but I realized about halfway through there was no way it could be.  We get a ton of insight into Bailey and how she became involved with Nate.  I loved seeing the relationship progress between them, there were so many twists and turns.  I honestly have no idea where this next book is going to go, but I can't wait to find out!!
 
Combative and Redemptive are both available now, but both are cliffhangers, so beware!!!  Combative is currently on sale for $.99.  This is a great series and I cannot wait for the conclusion.  
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment