Monday, January 6, 2014

Review of RAW by Belle Aurora

This book seriously messed with my head!!  It says in the description that it is not a love story, but part of me held out for it!  I am going to try and make this as spoiler free as possible.  The synopsis tells you right off the bat that it's going to be a little dark, and it definitely was.  The female lead knows that someone is watching her from the beginning, and it doesn't bother her.  He comes to her rescue pretty early on and they start a tumultuous relationship that, as the reader, you are really not sure where it is going.  
The male lead is an ASSHOLE!  I do not say that lightly.  Sometimes you read a book and the male is super alpha with asshole tendencies, this guy is not that way.  He is an asshole with rare glimpses of a sweet, tender, guy.  I was so confused for a good portion of the book.  I could not decide what was actually going on, and what I wanted to happen.  So many times, Twitch (yes, the main characters name is Twitch) does or says something that should send Alexa running, and she knows it, but she sticks it out. 
All of that being said, I loved it!  This is one of those books that takes you on a ride, and you really are not sure where it is going, or even where you want it to.  It kept me guessing all the way till the end!  I am assuming based on the ending that another installment is coming.  And if not, I might cry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment