Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Empire
by Rachel Van Dyken
 
Rachel Van Dyken has done it again.  Every time a new book comes out in this series, I always think there is no way it will surpass the book before, and I am always wrong!  
Synopsis:
I have lost everything.
My purpose.
My love.
My soul.
Death knocks on my door, I want to answer, but every time I reach for the handle--the promise I made her, brings me back.
So I breathe.
I live.
I hate.
And I allow the anger to boil beneath the surface of a perfectly indifferent facade.
I am broken, I dont want to be fixed.
One last trip to New York, one last chance to redeem a lost part of the mafia family. The Empire is crumbling and it's my job to fix it, my job to mend the pieces that were scattered over thirty years ago.
The only issue is, the only way to fix, is to do something I swore I'd never do again.
An arranged marriage.
Only this time.
I won't fall.
Or so help me God, I'll kill her myself.
My name is Sergio Abandanoto, you think you know my pain, my suffering, my anger, my hate--you have no idea.
I am the mafia.
I am the darkness.
Blood in. No out.

Unlike other books in this series, this one cannot be read as a stand alone.  You must read Elude before you read this one.  Elude broke my heart, and I was so mad at the author.  And for a huge part of Empire, I was sad, and also mad at Sergio!  Valentina was a such a sweet and innocent girl, and I wanted to hug her so many times!  


Of course, as Rachel always does, Sergio came around and I loved him!  There were so many twists and turns in this story, and I love that!  Some I saw coming, some I did not.  I love seeing all the other characters as well.  They are so fun!  

This book is available now, as well as Elude!  I love this entire series and I highly recommend all of them!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment